Sunday, September 14, 2008

Opening the Windows of Heaven

Returning home from church today we asked the kids what they learned in church. Tyson, Taylor and Darren replied that they learned about Jesus - it's a safe answer, hard to question and usually acurate whether you pay attention or not. Camryn was a bit more specific replying that her lesson was on the law of tithing. In class they completed a tithing donation slip, keeping the carbon copy and sealing the original in the envelope. She asked me if she should now give it to the bishop. I explained to her that she needed to first put money into the envelope. How much she asked. I told her that she would need to put in the amount she wrote down - $2.50. After giving that some thought, she replied, "I guess I don't really want to pay tithing".

No comments: